*Rodeo Action
Phil took Koen to his very first rodeo. I however opted out since I didn't think that would be the most friendly place for my 1 week old. One of our friends was singing the national anthem at The Lehi Roundup so Phil and his sister Missy took Koen for his first rodeo adventure. Phil pumped it up all week, talking about it non stop. Koen was so excited to wear some cowboy attire and when he got home I asked him how it was and he said "I saw lots of cows and POOP"

While there Koen meet a little friend I believe her name is Ali and she is from Oregon or something. She was 7 and not yet baptized, as she informed Missy and Phil. Koen wanted to sit by Ali non stop and couldn't quite sit close enough which in turn caused Ali to say "I think he likes me as more than a friend" what a crack up.*Taylorsville Dayzz
How can you be a true resident of Taylorsville (or grown up here for that matter) and not LOVE Taylorsville Dayzz? It is such a good time and I was happy to be back in comish in time to go. Phil and I each took a stroller(haven't broken down and got a double yet) and we took our little tykes, including the 10 day old to Taylorsville Dayzz! Koen had a grand ol time riding the rides and wipping around his $5 light up sword. Most of Phil's siblings went along with my parents and sister in law.

Brigs had a small accident...haha My mom and I were just chattin away with some friends and then I looked down and was like "oh mom there is a little poo on his blanket" when she moved him and his blanket away there was A LOT of poo on her! I am just glad it wasn't me, thanks mom. haha*Lovin our new baby
We are all enjoying having the little man around, especially because he has been such a great baby. Koen really loves being a big brother (and is a good one at that), I am sad at how big he is already getting, it goes by too fast!

*Visting cousins(for Koen)
Koen went and spent 5 days down at my sisters house. What a treat this was for all. Phil and I enjoyed sleeping in until 10, the things you can do with only a newborn, and Phil was able to get some studying done! He is taking the Naplex as I type! Koen could harldy wait to go. My brother in law Bryan was picking him up in the late afternoon and by 10 AM he had his backpack on and suitcase on the porch. It was a long wait for the little tyke.

*4th of July
Phil and I had a very lazy day on the 4th just hanging out. We went to a BBQ that night at my brothers house and did fire works in their driveway...good times. But we sure missed celebrating with little Koen, kids always make holidays more exciting.

*Lagoon
Harmons had their Lagoon day on Wednesday and Phil parents got the whole family together to go. It was great fun. I hadn't been to Lagoon in at least 4 years. Koen is the prefect age and was LOVING all the rides. He said his favorite was Tidal Wave. Everytime either side was up and the people would raise their hands and yell he would hold on with one hand, lift the other just as high as you would to sustain someone and say "Whoo" it was too cute. My mom, sis and fam all came too. I didnt get any pics that day so I am hoping my mother in law has some of the Olsen clan cause I only got what my sis took. I was happy that only 3 weeks postpatum it felt great to get out and walk around that much and Brigs was a gem.
















11 comments:
Omgosh you said so many things in this post that reminded me of Gram..."Brigs was a gem" was def one of them! Love it!
I CAN'T believe the poop incident!!! When I first saw it I thought Oh no, Shannon spilled food on her shirt again! Uhh no! That was BAD! LOL!
I've got to get over there and see that "gem" of yours! I need a baby fix!!!
Fun post but your didn't post about the trip to This is the place. Did you forget or What!!
It looks like you guys are having a way fun summer! We all need to get together soon! By the way I love Brigden's baby announcements! Super Cute!
How fun! May I suggest a sit-and-stand stroller. They are awesome! They can hold up to 3 kids and are light weight. You can find them on craigslist/ksl for about $50.
You have been busy. So fun! I loved seeing all the pictures and what you guys have been up to.
PS. I second the sit and stand stroller. Got one for when Cora was born. It works great for Jace and Cora....and sometimes all three.
I am sad that we didn't make it to T-ville day's and you know what I have never even been to it before...isn't that sad? Glad we got some cute pics of Ko at Lagoon for you and so fun to have him down. The girls are wondering when he is coming again! We will have to have him come again soon! Love ya!
Love that Ko has another "Elmo" on his face...looks a little better this time around...ha!
What a fun summer you are having. It seems like you are on power book and with all of the fun things you are doing I would have never guessed you had a new baby, which just happens to be absolutely precious! I tried to call you a long time ago. I used the number on the Oakcrest website. Did you get the message. Just wondering if that is indeed the right number. Let's get together soon. Life is going to get pretty crazy quickly. With preschool and moving in about 7 weeks. My number is 801-568-0388
Fun!! You guys are so cute! Such a picture perfect family :) How in the crap do I get a sister that would take Mia for 5 days!! Sign me up! :) Umm... and p.s did you just say that he raised his hands as high as you would to sustain someone!! LOL!! You crack me up!
Ok so you are the cutest family EVER! Your little man is so handsome and I love those first pics. She did a great job. Koen looks like a very proud big brother. I love it.
Oh by the way those earings you liked are from non other than WALMART...LOL. That is all we have out here by me so most of my jewlery is from Wally world. :)
Linds
Seriously love the update and all the cute pictures! Maybe it's time for a new update?! I have been a slacker--I need to get back in the groove. It was fun to see you yesterday. Love ya!
Post a Comment