Thursday, April 28, 2011

less than 4 weeks to go....

Can you believe it....4 weeks from now I will have a baby! We haven't officially settled on a date for my c-section. Koen's preschool graduation is May 25 in the evening. My doctor originally wanted to schedule me for that day but I am hoping to do the 26th instead so I don't have to miss it. He said it depends on the Memorial weekend weather. ;) We shall see....either way it is coming right up.

here are the details as of now....

*Heartburn became a frequent in the past few weeks. I started prevacaid last week and have felt much better!
*I have gained 22 lbs so far. Hoping to not gain too much more considering that was my total with the other two.
*Pretty much feel like I dont even look like myself anymore. When I look in the mirror or look at pics of me, I think "that isn't really me" or "that is SO not what I look like" I think I have got a seriously swollen face goin on this time.
*People always so "your so lucky you don't gain weight in your butt and legs and can wear the same pants the whole time your prego" but I am not so sure. I think I might prefer a more even gain that just belly, boobs and face. Especially the face, it kinds kills me.
*Just barley felt the little man have the hiccups last week. It has been a regular occurance everyday since.
*Still feeling overall good. Picking up Brigs and carrying around his generally flailing body has become quite difficult, so I often pawn him off on Phil. :) Did I mention I don't think having kids this close together is turning out to be such a good idea? ;)
*Still get lightheaded some days but I have found it is generally when I sit or lay in one position for too long. You should see the positions my doctor suggested I sit in at church....LOL
*Ready to be done. All though I am pretty nervous about 3 and a baby with Brigs, I feel like at this point it is just causing me anxiety. I'd rather just be doing it, and figuring it out. My main concerns are....(input from those of you with closely spaced kids is welcome.)
-Brigs climbing on me and wanting me to hold him while I am nursing.
-Where to put the baby when I am not holding him...I feel like B will bug him.
-Going out. I am scared I am gonna be a hermit. Brigs is such a terrible shopping buddy as it is, I cant imagine venturing out with the two of them together, let alone adding Koen in the mix.
-Will you judge me if I get one of those leash backpacks for B?

13 comments:

Stacey said...

Ava and Devery are 22 months apart so I had some of the same problems that you are worried about.

The first day that Devery was home she was in the swing and Ava sat on top of her. Thank goodness for the muffled cry!

Not sure about the nursing thing but with my girls I got Ava a doll and she pretended to nurse at the same time. Worked for us.

Going out I still do this now since Devery is a wild child -I put Chris in the body sling that way I still have 2 hands to control the other 2. When I have Chris in the car seat I feel like I am way out of control. Both hands on deck at all times :)

AND YES we have a leash for our child. I judged other before I know what it was like to have a wild child. Now I don't need to worry or have Devery throw a fit because she doesn't want to hold my hand.

Good luck Lesh! You can do it :D

Julie said...

Wow that has gone by fast... at least for me hee hee hee! Here is what I do/did for your concerns, but you just find a way that works for you.

My kids have been pretty understanding about the nursing thing. Benson is really a lot more clingy during the general cuddle time though. I have to just make more room on/around me. Usually I have a kid sitting on both sides of me and one on top and then I have to pawn one off on David when he is around (we have to go with the one that throws the smallest fit usually because they all want to sit by mom).

I feel like I had to have several places for the baby to sit. A swing in one room, and bouncer in another. I would carry the baby from room to room with me, or take the older kids with me leaving the baby safely alone. The kids will FOR SURE bug new baby if he is left unattended!!!

Going out- you will get out again, but some of the bigger shopping trips just have to be saved until your husband is around either to help or to watch the kids while you go alone. Expect chaos and you won't be disappointed. Always plan for your shopping trips to take longer than you expect because they will. I am not gonna lie, going out is the hardest part, especially church!

As far as the leash backpack thing, we have one, but we only really use it in really crowded places (like the airport). Gracie and Benson were my big runners and I don't have any guilt for using the leash when we have. Being a mom is so important and special and you would do anything to keep your kids safe, even if some people look down on it.

You are a great mother and you are going to do amazing! I am excited to hear about the new little blessing coming into your life!

Team Beardshall said...

Cant wait to meet him, you look great, and no judgement here on the leash! Hey I think it shows responsibility!

Sean and Mekensy said...

Oh Lesh you are getting so close!!! I'm so excited for you! You seriously look so cute pregnant!

Caitlin said...

So excited for you! I think you look fine, but I totally feel you on the swollen part. I was so swollen at the end of my pregnancy, everything felt extra fat!!

You gotta do what you gotta do, regarding the whole leash part. You have to be sane, and if that will make going out and places easier and make you feel less like a hermit, then go for it. They're your kids and you can do whatever you want with them!

I honestly think you will be a great mom of 3. I'm sure there will be an adjustment period, for you and B, but everything will work out. I just know it!

Thompson Family said...

I was terrified when Jenna came along cause Mandy was only 21 months. And while I was feeding Jenna, I would bribe Summer to keep an eye on Mandy. And going places was the worst! I didn't venture to the grocery store with all three of them until Jenna was 2 months old. It was hard! I remember just feeling satisfied that we were all sill alive at the end of the day - despite all of the tears and tantrums (some of them coming from me!)

It's a lot of work at first, but things get easier! You'll do great!

Oh, and we use a leash, too. :)

Angie said...

You are cracking me up... You look GREAT! Cute grey shoes. I am happy for you that you are so close. It is for sure easier to be doing it than worrying about how it will all work out. I do admit though... I do judge just a little when I see those leash backpacks!! HA. If it's you though... I promise not to pass judgement.

ANGELA OR PAUL said...

I just love you and you always make me laugh(even though you are being serious and it's not a laughing matter)... can't wait to see you!!! XOXO

Melanie and Daniel said...

Briggs sounds a lot like Lydia. So I am sorry. Ha ha All those things you named that you are worried about, I didn't even think about before I had Kenna, and then once I had her they all became my living nightmare. Ha

For nursing I tried everything from trying to read her a book while nursing to having her "nurse" her own baby. Some times it worked sometimes it didn't.

Lydia actually did pretty good at leaving Kenna alone when she was tiny. It's now that Kenna is older that I hear the screams from Kenna cus lydia is on top of her that makes me want to pull my hair out.

And I am a hermit unless Daniel is around. I couldn't imagine being in your shoes and having three.

You will be so great though! Your boys are adorable and I hope they are not "spoken" for because every time I read your blog I tell Daniel I believe in arranged marriages.

Wow do you love the novel I just wrote you, and I am not even done.

As for the leash, I judged people who used those before I had Lydia. Now I say if it is going to keep my crazy child alive the world can judge away.

Good luck! You look so great!

The Christensen's said...

K girl. Lets hang out really soon. What is Koen's Preschool schedule? If you hang out with my large butt then I promise you are going to be feeling a lot better about yourself;)

It is going to be a hard adjustment at first but when the baby gets a little older it is sooo much easier.

I am worried about turning into a hermit with three as well. We can hang out together.

Love you,
Michelle

becca said...

I can't believe you are almost there! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see this new little guy! You are going to do great! It will be a little crazy at first, but you will get the hang of it fast. I think I pretty much stayed home for the first couple months, but now it is no big deal.

I love the picture! So cute! You look great!

Amber said...

I can't believe your baby will be here so soon. I am so happy for you! You are so beautiful pregnant. As for the worries, try not to. I know it's easier said than done but you will be able to get into a groove & routine when the little guy gets here and it will all balance out and work. Your an amazing mom!

Kim said...

You are so stinkin' cute!!! You look great! I am so excited for you to have another cute little guy!