Thursday, October 29, 2015

Harmons RX Cruisin Europe part 4

October 26th Paris-
Louvre
Again we were up and out of the house by 7 and headed straight to The Louvre. We did the Rick Steve’s tour of the Louvre which really made out time there so effective. Of course we all wanted to see the mini tiny Mona Lisa but other than that weren’t super sure what we wanted to see there. Rick Steve’s book had like a top 15 things to see in the Louvre so we did that. We found each piece of art and then Phil read to us about it out of the book. We loved it!


Lock Bridge
While walking from the Louvre we passed the lock bridge, too bad I didn't have one. :/

Sainte Chapelle
After the went and headed to Sainte Chapelle. This was probably my favorite thing we saw in all of Paris. Well, maybe tied with the Eiffel tower(I was literally emotional there, so amazing.) Phil had really talked up Sainte Chapelle to us telling us it was his top place to see etc. He told us all about the stained glass windows. When we walked in the downstairs (which at the time we thought was the only spot) we looked around at the tiny stained glass windows and the darkish chapel. Then we noticed people going up stairs. Our faces where literally awesome as we came up, all in awe. We were all so amazed and blown away. It really was SO SO beautiful. Phil had read us the Rick Steves section on the chapel before we went in which was so great because we all knew what we were looking at and looking for.

Notre Dame
Across the street from Sainte Chapel we had delicious lunch. Phil and I shared a huge pig in a blanket type thing and a brushcetta type sandwich. It was always a bit tricky everytime we ordered food somewhere. It seems the people there don’t love when you speak English. All though embarrassing they were much more receptive to attempting to speak French. After being there I  really wanted to learn French. I love the way it sounds.
We wanted to go up Notre Dame so we headed back there an waited in line to go up the towers. The views were amazing and it was cool to see the bells. Here was one of the places we spotted Sacre Crue from.



Point Zero
While at Norte we stood around Point Zero which is the center of France. It was funny because no on was paying any attention to it but once we took a pic with our feet around it everyone started doing the same. J #trendsetters
Military Museum
We split up a bit after this as Phil, Steve and Jared wanted to see Napoleans tomb. Me, not so much. I really wanted to get to the Eiffel Tower to see it and get pictures in the day light. I was not stocked on seeing the tomb or anything else the Military Museum had to offer. Not my thing. Which is unfortunate because had we had more time Phil would have loved to see more there.
Eiffel Tower
We rushed over to the Eiffel Tower where Phil was sure to get me as many pictures as needed. J ♥ him.
 Arc de Triomphe
We started walking toward the Arc de Triomphe but it felt so far away so instead we hoped on the subway. We got there just as it was getting dark. So we went up and got an amazing night view from the top.

Champs Elysees
We met up with some of our group there and decided we would take a walk down Champs Elysees and find something to eat. I found something more valuable than food…1.5 L of Coke Light. #yesplease I feel like the whole time we were there I dehydrated myself so I wouldn’t have to frequent the water closet so this was a refreshing treat.
Eiffel Tower Tour

Tonight was the night for heading up the Eiffel Tower for our last amazing view. Paris is amazing. I feel like I was the equivalent of star struck over Paris. I really just loved it. There are so many more places I’d love to see there and hope we get to visit again!

No comments: