Thursday, July 12, 2012

Not much

There's not much I wouldn't give to relive the 11 hours we had with Mr P tube and wire free. Phil and I ordered The Pie in memory of this night last year. After 4 hours off his machines Pierce was still going strong. Much longer than the "minutes" the doctors had expected. We were starving so we ordered from The Pie. I think we'll make it a tradition. July 11th is The Pie Pizzeria night for the Olsen family.

If I could relive this night one year ago I would be snuggling my baby. In and out of sleep next to him like many moms do on a nightly basis but don't even realize how special it is. I am sure I never did. Not until you know that is your last night to hug, snuggle, kiss, smell etc do you realize how great, special, wonderful it is to sleep next to your little one.

Really, there isn't much I wouldn't give to relieve those 11 hours.




10 comments:

Amy said...

Priceless. Beyond priceless.

Jennie said...

There aren't even words to describe the emotions I feel as I read this post and the one before. I love ya Lesh. Wish I could hug ya right now.

Amishka said...

That is a priceless memory... I wish I could had that chance. Gabe had too many tubes and was in a crib instead of a bed so cuddling him for longer than 10 minutes or so just didn't happen. They were too concerned about causing problems for the organ donations.

Jenny said...

I've been thinking about you and your sweet family all day. These pictures are beautiful.

brigette said...

So amazing what precious time!! I hope yesterday was gentle! Praying for you!!

Ashley said...

Beautiful and touching. Thinking of you at this time as you relive the last moments of your sweet baby's life. I am so sorry that you are having to live life without one of your baby's...((hugs))

Team Beardshall said...

XOXO, I really don't have words to say to you that will make everything ok. I appreciate all that you have shared on your blog. I have learned a lot through all your posts over the last year, and I will never take for granted one second that I have to spend with my kids and those that I love. I have watched you grow and I think that you are a petty amazing person, more so for all that you have gone through. Keep on keepin on....glad the race went so well and you had a fun time celebration the 4th. Cant think of anyone who deserves to more! Always thinking of you and your family. :)

Meg said...

This just made me cry, to see the tears on your face. I can't even imagine. Thanks for reminding me how precious my babies are and the time I have to spend with them even when they are driving me crazy. Mr. P is a special little guy for sure and has touched so many lives!

Thompson Family said...

Those pictures are just so sweet and so sad at the same time. What an amazing little family you guys make.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is I love this!!!!