Saturday, July 13, 2013

2 years as an Angel ♥

We started off with the annual Olsen Pie Pizzeria eating. When Pierce passed away it was expected to take place within about 5-10 minutes. Phil and I were not prepared, but so pleased, when he stayed with us for 11 hours. Around 10 PM (3 hours later) Phil and I were starving. We did not expect to be at the hospital still and decided to order pizza from the Pie. Since then we have named July 11th Olsen Pie Pizzeria day. Last year Phil and I ordered it late after he got home from work and this year we actually went there as a family. It is nice to have a tradition to do in memory of him where it spurs up conversation of him. Not that we don't talk about him on a regular basis but it allows the kids to ask questions and us to remember "that night."
 After eating we headed up to Phil's family reunion. Each year since Pierce passed away the Olsen reunion has landed over his Angel day, and each year I am less than pleased. ;) We have obviously managed to make it work but this year was especially hard considering we were up there the WHOLE day. We couldn't really do anything as a family like I would prefer. In my mind I want to spend the whole day as a family (our little family) doing things that remind us or help us remember Pierce. I felt like it was hard to remember being caught up in different activities. It was good because I probably shed a lot less tears, but at the same time I don't like that. I wanna cry all day if that's what I feel like, not be preoccupied. Ok, off my soap box. :)

We did manage to release balloons in his honor and I seriously do love Phil's extended family and cousins. They are extra supportive, talk about him and love and miss him too. This year we released 24 white balloons for 24 months in Heaven.







 Phil told all the kids a little about Pierce and then we let our balloons fly high. For sure a pretty site in the canyon of Strawberry Pinnacles. One balloon got stuck in a light pole. We all agreed it wanted to linger a little longer, just like our sweet baby. ♥

1 comment:

tmolsen said...

I like that tradition you do with the pizza. That's a cute idea.