Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Sweet Boy!!!

I seriously can not believe I have a 3 year old. For some reason 3 seems so big when people ask me how old he is. He is such a sweet little boy, with of course his 3 year old moments, AKA SASS!, and we are really happy to have him in our family.
He has been so excited about his birthday for months, telling everyone about his birthday coming on June 2nd. He had said he wanted a Bob the Builder birthday party and a tractor cake. I went back and forth on whether I really wanted to throw a birthday party at 38 weeks prego but in the end decided that was the best way to make it a special day for him, especially right before his world will turn upside down!

He invited 10 little kids over for his party and lucky for him they were all able to come except his cousins Whitley and Claire, whom he was able to spend the whole last week with...later post. I wondered after the rain last night if the weather would be good, or if his birthday would turn in to my "summer" birthday, which gets rain EVERY year. The weather held out and the party turned out great!

They played hard in the backyard! Swings, bikes, teener tawner (as Koen says), and other toys!
Kate and Devery

Ate lunch and had tractor cake! Yum!
back left and around:
Braden, Evan, Kate, Kade, Ava, Devery, a few little heads, Koen

Seth, Frank, Kate and Koen
Braden and Ava
Kade
Couldnt wait for his fork!
A few parentals stayed for the festivites
Missy, Phil, Kate, Gina and Stacey

Opened Presents
All the kiddies helping Koen, I was so happy he didnt mind.
Water toys, YAH!
He got so many great gifts! Thank you everyone!

And had a pinata, pull string type...great invention!

What are the odds it was the second to last/last string pulled.

They gathered the candy in their hard hats.
Gotta love the favors.
Ko couldnt lose his new helmet for the pic!

After Koen's nap we wanted to take him somewhere fun for dinner. Phil has been wanting to try out the Mayan and thought Ko would think that was fun so we headed there and he LOVED it. We were able to see 3 of the diving shows and we had front row seats. Thanks for joining us Mindy, Dust and Bevs.
Is this seriously the divers stance? weird!
Watching one last show!
Koen loved the snakes outside the Mayan, he wanted to get in the snakes mouth, but needed me to also!

On the way home we stopped for some icecream at Arctic Circle. All in all it was a great day, jam packed with fun for any 3 year old, freak or me! haha We love you Koen. Thank you for being our sweet little boy and for giving us the opportunity to be parents. You are awesome.

14 comments:

Ashley said...

Tell me you didn't make that cake--I will be super jealous of your creativeness. That is the cutest cake I've ever seen! good job:)
And congrats to Phil on graduating, that is really awesome.

The Christensen's said...

Happy Birthday Koen. Thanks for inviting us to celebrate this special day with you. The kids loved the party!! xoxo

Danielle said...

What a fun birthday. Parker wanted Bob the Builder too, but I couldn't find cute stuff and then he was deathly ill. I can't believe Ko is 3 either!! It seems like just yesterday he was a babe in your arms! Haha. Happy Birthday Koen.

Matt Olsen Family said...

Maybe the diver didnt want your belly to poke him in the bum...LOL

The Johnson Family said...

Koen is looking so big. He is such a cutie! I totally know what you mean about throwing a bday party that pregnant. I threw Casens on a Thursday and then had Cora on Monday. It makes life crazy busy.
That is a full day for a 3 year old. I am all about the more the better. So fun.

Kathrin Paul said...

A 3 year old? That's insane! I love the party pics, and really, that cake? Awesome. Kudos to the baker, especially if it was you! Also, congrats to Phil, that is so awesome! And I hope he gets to keep that hat, because it's totally rockin.
PS I was taking some pictures tonight and saw this woman there with her daughter and she totally reminded me of you; not only was she totally cute and stylish, but her daughter was rocking this killer outfit and she was like, 2. It made me laugh. I took a pic so I'm going to doctor it to make the girl unrecognizable (don't want to get sued) so check my blog in a couple days and you'll see what your future daughter will look like. If you aren't in labor or anything. Sorry for the long comment.

Brittany Crane said...

What a fun busy day. Happy Birthday to Koen. He is seriously such a stud! He and Hallie should totally date later in life. LOL Just keepin my eyes open. :)

P.S. You look GREAT! You are what I want to look like when I am 8 months prego.

Good luck with the new baby boy and picking a name for him.

ANGELA OR PAUL said...

such a cute cake and party, did ya make the cake?? I can't believe it either... 3 wow!! so good luck on labor with the next I'll be checking back daily to see if we have any news... until then, hang in there you look sooooo cute!!! I can't wait to see you guys next month!

Thompson Family said...

Happy Birthday Koen! Looks like you guys had a fun day!

Anonymous said...

So sad we miss the party! Looks like it was a blast. The cake turned out adorable..way to go sis! I still crack up when I see that guy at the mayan..please don't put that in your scrapbook...just kidding!

Amie said...

That looks like at lot of fun. What a cute cake that is. Did you make it? 3 is big. I can't believe that my baby is almost 2.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Just check'in in to see if that baby has arrived yet. Looks like Ko's birthday was a hit.Cute cake. Did you make that?
I'll be thinking about you the next few weeks. I know that baby is do very soon!

Joan Peterson said...

YOU are one great mom! School, baby due, huge, fun, birthday that lasted from dawn till dark. Lucky Koen!!!
Kudos to you, dear Alesha and to you, Dr. Phil!
Love,
Nana

Sean and Mekensy said...

Holy cow! I can't believe Koen is 3!!! Craziness! Congrats to Phil! That is awesome!!!