The hotel had breakfast so we packed up, got ready and headed down to eat. The things they eat for breakfast are strange. Like meats and cheeses and rolls. Lots of pastries. Milk that is sitting out. Strange. Phil said it reminded him of what he had in Uruguay and tried most everything. I ate a sandwich, which was rather lunch like but I liked it, yogurt(Phil asked for it for me) and some toast. And finished it off with one of these....
Aren't the bottles to die for? I kept this one for a keepsake which later caused problems at the airport...opps!
Mr. Try it all. Go Phil.
We boarded the bus that took us to check in for the cruise. After checking in we decided we wanted to see the Sagrada Familia. We had seen it in passing on the bus but wanted to go in. We took a taxi over there to check it out. Side note: Phil LOVED using his Spanish and was BFF with all the taxi drivers. It is a HUGE church that has been under construction since 1882, and not supposed to be finished for about 20 more years. They build it purley on donations and that is why it takes forever. However you do get remission of your sins when you donate. bonus. It was amazing, inside and out.
The back of the church is the death facade and depicts Christ death. Sharp lines not tons of details.
Lacie, Diana and me
The front is the birth facade which depicts Christ birth. It is amazing how detailed it is.
HUGE
During our trip we hung out a lot with two of the other "younger" pharmacist and their wives. It was so nice to get along so well and have people to hang out with. To this church we went with them and one other pharm and his friend. After we miss placed a few people(said pharm and his friend), realized how nice cell phones are and wished we could use ours, we headed back to the ship. Just in time for our first buffet lunch...which lead to 7 extra L-B's when arriving home. Then checked out all the ship had to offer.
Jace, Lacie, Lesh, Phil, Diana and Ryan deck 13
That night we ate Dinner at the open 24 hour dinner place, to see what was available if need be ;) I had a huge hamburger, my first of many(however not in the middle of the night, as you will see we didn't stay up late...pretty much ever). YUM! While watching this out the window.
Then we headed off to the show of the night which was a magic show. It was really entertaining except when the girl performed by herself, I feel asleep. I cant say it was just her, I was really tired. :) Pretty sure every time she came out she had less clothes on, we were pretty glad it ended after this ensamble.Sure is a real snake....It was all good till it started doing that tongue thing in my face. EEEK. Sorry it's blurry.









4 comments:
What a fun trip!! That is awesome that you guys got to go. Uhhhh, that snake is horrible, you are so brave.
Lesh, we totally saw that same magic show on our Norwegian cruise this summer! LOL... I kind of thought it was lame. Keep doing all these posts. It's fun to read about your exciting trip.
looked fun til I saw that snake, now I'm headed topuke! LOL SSSSIIICCKKKKKK!!!!!
Love the pics and the story. That church is beautiful! Amazing!
Post a Comment