When you have a child that is an angelic sleeper like Phil and I wereblessed with night waking pretty much equals grumpy tired parents! I feel asleep at like 9:30 last night only to be woken half an hour later by painful cries. I went in to see what the matter was andKoen was covered in sweat and inconsolable.


I brought him in my room to take his temp and change his clothes. He
kept saying "Elmo show" between sobs so I decided to break down and let
him watch a little while I changed him, gave him medicine and milk. The
same thing happened at around 4:30 AM, sweating, screaming and the eventual asking for "Elmo show" He has been super grumpy today and wont eat anything. Sick kids are so annoying. I have the hardest time, I know he doesn't feel good, but the winning and crying really kills me. I finally got him to eat like half a Popsicle and drink a yogurt. About an hour ago I realized he has white bumps ALL over his tongue. I think he must have Hand foot and mouth or Thrush. ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE SICKNESS! I called the Doc and she isn't in today, so they are having the nurse call me back. Anyway here are some pics of what Koen has looked like ALL day. Also I have been trying to record him singing the Elmo's world song, but I can never get it. He sings it all high and says "Elmo show" instead of world...it is the cutest thing.
14 comments:
He looks so sad. Poor guy, poor mom!! Hopefully he gets feeling better soon. Are you going to take him to the dr.?
I am sorry that he is sick. We missed you guys at gym and swim. I hope he gets feeling better soon. Call if you need anything.
Brook
SAD!!! I hope he gets better really quickly!
Poor little Koen! I feel so bad for him (and yes, for you, too!)! The pics of him crying are so sad.....I can't wait to give him a big ole' hug from his Nana. We'll be there before you know it!
Oh, he looks so so miserable! Poor kid. And yes poor mom and dad too. We hope he is feeling better soon!!!
I hate that he is sick again! Poor Ko KO Bean..and poor mom who has to take care of him! About my header...so NOT me! It is silly an it took me a while so I HAVE to leave it there for at least a week (we'll see). I do secretly like it though.
I am so sorry! I hate when I don't get sleep either! I feel like a crappy mom! I hope he feels better soon and I hope you get some sleep too!
Poor little guy! I hope he gets feeling better and you get some sleep! It is so sad when they are sick. And sadly it seems like they always pick up something from somewhere.
poor guy! I know what you mean about the winning...Garr does it all the time...Love ya babe! But dang it gets old fast!
Oh sad...that picture of him crying breaks my heart. I feel you on the winning Ava got a cold the last day in Vegas and is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!
I feel for you Alesha. I feel for Koen too. Jace and Lily are sick right now too and it is tough on mom and touch on the kids. Hope you guys get better soon!
that picture with the tears and snot running down his face is so cute! (sad, but cute)
sick kids bite, i now feel bad for my mom who had to do this all the time. when i'm really sick i still secretly whine for my mom.
Oh poor KoKo...the only thing worse than sick kids is being sick yourself and having to take care of kids that are sick or are not sick...both annoying.
Hey Gina, if you read this email me your blog invite please...or leash will you tell her my email. naebor@hotmail.com
Thanks girlies...love ya!!!
I hate the hand foot and mouth disease! It is hard to comfort them and it is truly contagious. Fortunately you don't have other children right now that would end up getting it. I'm sorry he's been sick but at least your getting everything out of the way for when you come to visit. You'll be healthy and footloose and fancy free!
Post a Comment