Phil was lucky enough to take a couple days off this weekend so we could celebrate his birthday and Mother's Day. He has been crazy busy managing two stores and still working his normal second job. Having 3 days off in a row was quite a treat for us all! Unfortunately, because he has been so busy his birthday wasn't filled with all things fun. Our yard had been seriously neglected so we decided to spend the day bringing it up to speed. There are still far too many dandelions out there trying to grow back but we are leaps and bounds ahead of where it was. :)
That night we went to dinner with out BFF's, the Brown's and Johnson's, to Tepenyaki, my fav! It was so yummy! Oh, I seriously love it. Then we headed over to Coldstone to get a treat and then to the movies. We were hoping to see The Great Gatsby but weren't sure how long dinner would last. By the time we got there it was sold out (not surprising) so we saw Oblivion. It was good, interesting, but good. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open after a late night at Bunco the night before, but Laura filled me in on the parts I fell asleep on during our run the next morning. :) It was a fun birthday I think, hopefully he feels the same.
For Mother's Day, I was able to sleep in. Awe, til 9:30. Not much can really beat that in my book. I then showered all alone, no one even talked to me and came down to breakfast cooked and ready all for me. So sweet. After church we stopped by the cemetery so I could get a pic with all my children. I even wore my Pierce necklace so he could be in it multiple ways. :) I am so grateful for these little rugrats that call me mom. Some times it is hard to not think about how I am missing out on raising Mr P man here and remember the wonderful blessing of having my other two son's here on Earth. I am really so grateful for all 3 and the things they teach me everyday. ♥
We of course both needed to see our Mom's so we stopped by Kris and Brent's after. It was the perfect evening to sit out on the porch and hang out. We ended up staying and chatting for about two hours. My MIL is so sweet. She came to Koen's cute little Mother's Day program on Friday and I know he loved that. She is always thoughtful and caring and my favorite is she makes sure she hugs us all each time we see her! I snapped a quick pic of us girls before it got dark. Miss, Me, Brit and Kris.
I am so grateful for all the Mother's I have in my life. My mother, MIL, sisters, sister in laws and friends. I learn so much from all of them and am so lucky to have their examples. I am also super grateful for this darling husband of mine, who goes above and beyond to make our life great. He helped me become a mother and made my Mother's Day great!
2 comments:
Looks like you had a great weekend. Where is Phil's second job?
What fun!!! I love all ur pics :) That's to funny we have 3 people that fall on holidays to. Layne and I on mothers day and stefon on father's day. Crazy business
Post a Comment