Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The BIG ultrasound & Anti E at 19 weeks

Yesterday I had my big ultrasound. Phil was biking the White Rim so my mother came with me. :) When we got to MFM (the high risk Doc) there were lots of people who were either A-really large (having multiples I'd bet) B-on the older side or C-both. Then there was us. I had a baggy shirt on and you could barely tell I am pregnant and I was with my mom. haha My mom said she felt like she was with her teenage daughter! Kinda funny.

My doctor wanted me to do my ultrasound with the high risk doctors just because he felt it would be more thorough and wouldn't hurt. The tech was very thorough. The machine was really good and she went over every inch of the body in up close detail from foot to head. Everything looks great and baby is very active. I try to remind myself but at the same time not dwell on the fact that Pierce's ultrasound was perfect too. Even had I been to the high risk doc they couldn't have seen what was wrong with him. The good news is SHE is very active. 

That's right, she is still a she. The tech asked if I knew the gender. I told my mom before I went in that I wasn't gonna say I knew. I awkwardly answered "no" because I am a horrible liar. She said "well it is definitely a girl." Confirmation #3. :) She did show  us up close and personal that baby does indeed have girl parts! When she finished up I about wiped my belly off but then she told me that the Doctor checks each patient to. Sweet. A very nice female doctor came in and checked out the little Miss as well and also verified she is a girl and that "nothing is going to grow in there." I think after 4 different people, I am starting to believe. :) 

She said now we need to talk about your antibodies. She told me that even with baby being active, just considering Pierce's case and our blood incompatibility she suggested we deliver there, where they have a NICU. I told her that we had considered this and talked with quite a few people about it and that is still is something we are considering but that right now I am comfortable where I am. She concurred. She ordered blood work again, which was great because I was wanting to get it done again anyway. She also said that they would still like to follow me through pregnancy as well. Which is also perfect because I am down to have an extra set of eyes on us. Especially because they deal with blood incompatibilities all the time. So for now I will be seen every other week. 1 time by my doc the next at MFM. 

I had my blood work done there, which you can also tell they do more frequent. They knew exactly what they were doing, took 2 viles and I was done in under 10 minutes. (did I mention last time at the other hospital it took them 45 minutes to figure WHAT to do and then they wanted to take 12 viles of blood. They are nuts, I didn't not allow such)

I drove home feeling so overwhelmed with gratitude and love for this baby. I may or may not have had a hard time seeing through the tears. I can not express in words how much I want this to work, you know, the way "working out" is in my mind. ;) I am trying not to take any moment for granted. My sweet Nana reminded me today that I said I wished I had enjoyed everyday I was pregnant with Pierce more. That is what I am trying to do this time. I love this little baby. I am so grateful Heavenly Father has blessed us with her. And I really hope it is for a long long time!

Today I got my blood work results. Still 1:4. That is good news. At least we know we aren't on a major climb right now. We will do it every other week for now. Just really hoping we can stay low for a good 10 more weeks. 

As far as me and this pregnancy I am feeling really good right now. I finally feel like I am getting out of the tired phase. I am still running 3-4 days a week (20 total miles) doing Zumba, lifting weights and packing on my own weight! haha If only exercise was the only answer, that's the easy part for me! Darn all the stuff I want to EAT and the fact that I am getting old! haha I am getting pretty big all the sudden, I feel like. Hopefully mostly looking pregnant instead of chubby. :) 

This is the first day I wore something tight. :) Last week to Zumba, thought I better snap a pic. This is at 18 weeks. I seriously think it's even bigger now! haha
Ps don't mind all the random back posts. I was blogging, just not publishing a bit during early pregnancy.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats on another baby and a GIRL! I really am so happy for you, and it sounds like you are in really good hands:)

brigette said...

Omg yay!!! I am still so, so excited for you!!! I love this. I agree its super nice to see both docs. Helps ease some of the anxiety!! Big hugs

Jill said...

You look so cute and so tiny! Not chubby in any possible way! I love having high risk doctors to help along the way, it makes everything seem more under control for me! Crossing our fingers the blood count stays low and all is well!!

Cristin said...

SO very happy for you Alseha!! You certainly deserve this precious little gift, and a girl! How wonderful! You look great, so fit!!!!

KW said...

Glad that everything is looking good, but I know how you feel about still having anxiety and concern. Keep us up to date about how everything is going. So so so excited for you guys!

Danielle said...

Congrats! I am so happy and excited ( and a little jealous). We will pray that everything continues to go well for sweet baby girl. BTW reading this was giving me full on anxiety because I remember all of the ultrasounds and blood work and MFM and normal appointments with my boys. Good luck with everything!!