Phil got a job at Walgreen's. We are really excited to have a little bit of income, that we plan on using strictly for
play! He is only working 4 hours a week so it wouldn't go far anyway. We are excited to go out once a month WITHOUT Koen and pay a babysitter, and you know Phil is excited to use it on GOLF! We have been having great weather lately and that is pretty much all he thinks about...and tennis...well and a little school! Ü (I say a little as he is down there studying his little butt off for a test tomorrow morning) So he will just be working Friday afternoons, which is great for his school schedules but puts a damper on our weekend trips to Pitt. as he doesn't get off till 8. We will have to work something out!
I got a new calling...yes number 3. When they called I was like "wow really...I am superwoman I guess." haha It is my most favorite calling in the church...(haha said with a slight bit of sarcasm) NURSERY! Actually, I am not excited per say BUT definitely not like hating it. I at least have all my friends kids, so I actually like them, which is a huge plus! I am mostly sad because Koen just started going REALLY well and now that I am in there he is like "hold you" every 10 minutes or so. They are going to split the class soon, because YES we have 18 kids with 10 more expected in June, so I asked to be in the class he is not. Anyway I figure you can do anything for 5 months...especially when you are gone for 3 weeks each in May and June!Ü
So our microwave went out the other day! SO ANNOYING! Couldn't it just have made it 5 more months! I am totally annoyed. I guess I'll have to buy another one tomorrow! I thought to myself, maybe we could live without one for 5 months...no thanks. Too many dirty pans!
The weather has been so nice here lately! We have been loving having a fenced backyard, especially since my child LOVES to be outside! If he isn't saying "Elmo show" he is definitely saying "outside" His two loves! The best part is the good weather is supposed to stay...hopefully it will be nice when Phil's parents come!
Here is another video of Koen dancing...he is our dancing King! This was at some friends of ours last weekend for game night. Phil rockin out guitar hero with his dancer in the front! Also pics of everyone from game night...but me cause I took em! Ü
Matt, Michelle, Steve, Phil, and Jason
18 comments:
Awesome Phil! Walgreens is the place! Jk I don't think I ever been in there. Rite Aid, CVS, and Walgreens are all the same in my book. Cool though. I hear ya on the fenced in yard thing. We are getting our fence put in this week!!! Hallelujah! Can't wait. It will make all the difference!
Congrats on the calling! Nursery was my dream calling forever until I got stuck in there for 2 years! You'll like tho since its just for a lil while.
Ok enough rambling from me...
Bopple!
Fun new calling! I wanted to be in there, but they called us as teachers in Sunday School to the 16 and 17 year olds which is fine too. How fun is it that you have a group of friends to get together with! Congrats Phil on the job at Walgreens, it definitely will be nice to have some income that's for sure! Thanks to both of you for your calls on my birthday. I loved listening to your voice mail Phil, I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever! I miss you both and love you!
That video makes me so excited for Callie to dance! Koen is so dang cute! Tony and I love guitar hero! It rocks
Wa;green's, Nursery, friends, dancing - the grass doesn't grow under your movin' feet.
You must be feeling better, Alesha, this was a happy email.
This high tech stuff is fabulous, action, color, news---how I would have loved it all when we were so far away from home for 7 years. Love, Nana
Wow, busy times. That is great that Phil started his job, one day a week wont be bad at all. I was so glad to hear you were coming into nursery....we can always use the help, especially from a friend. It was a blast having everyone over.
Brook
To answer your question if we "ran" the whole 13 miles...I say to you ALMOST! The first 9 miles were a breeze and so enjoyable, but once we hit mile 10,11 and 12 my legs had kind of hit a wall, so we walk/ran those. They were heavy and tight, but the last mile we ran because it was through The Gateway and the people were cheering and it was really fun. You'll have fun doing the trail run I bet, especially if the weather is nice!
Wow! Three callings! I think having 1 is hard. The video of Koen dancing is cute:) I need to record Summer dancing. And way to go, Phil, on the job! That'll be nice for you two to get out every now and then:)
I love the picture of you and Ko he is so dang cute!!
P.S. good to hear that Phil has a job! Nice to know that you can actually "go out" and have a sitter!
GO Ko what a dancing boy. loved it. It will be nice to have the nights out. Enjoy Love ya all
I can totally see Alesha teaching KO how to shake his little rear... ha ha!! He is SO cute!! Fun that you'll be able to have a date night now!! YIPPEE!!
That stinks about the microwave...i definitely use mine daily! Thanks for the updates and cute cheesin-it picture of Koen!
Walgreens...that's great!! It will be nice to have some money to go do some fun things! My favorite has to be Ko dancing- CLASSIC!!! Our microwave broke too! We had to get a new one. I personally don't understand why they put moms in nursery! I think that it is a great oppurtunity to have a break from taking care of your own kid!
I really really really want to squeeze Ko right now! I miss that dancin boy! He looks so dang cute in that picture of you 2! Congrats Phil...or not so much since work is replacing your Pittsburgh trips :( I guess you'll be seeing us in Erie more often!
Yes, I got them all at the same time. I also ordered the diaper holder baggie thing too, but it's not in the photos. I'm going to hang it in our front sitting room. That room has tint on the windows, so the sun won't damage any of it.
What?! 3 callings?! That is insane! Way to be superwoman! That video is hilarious! Ryan came over to watch and we were LOL! We were loving the foot stomp. What a cutie!
Sounds like everything is going great other that the mic.
Koen's got some "Saturday Night Fever" goin' on! Love it! Way to go, Phil, on the new job. Not too many hours, but enough to give you a little "honey money" (you can court your wife again and do some fun things)! Man, Alesha, 3 callings? You must be superwoman!
Post a Comment